If you are searching for the guide to root LG G3 on internet, then you have come to the right place. In this step by step guide, we shall help you root your device. Recently, LG G3, the Flagship device from LG was launched at price around 49000 INR. This phone sports 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core Processor with 2GB RAM, 5.5 Inch Quad HD Touchscreen Display, LG G3 is a Smartphone powered by Android 4.4 KitKat and 13MP Camera with Optical image stablizer, Laser Auto Focus.
This method to root LG G3 is models specific and you may want to check compatibility list :
- AT&T LG G3 D850 w/ Build number 10D
- T-Mobile LG G3 D851 w/ Build number 10C
- Korean LG G3 F400L, F400S, F400K w/ Build number 10A or 10B
- OPEN LG G3 D855 w/ Build number 10F or 10G
- European LG G3 D855 w/ Build number 10A
Prerequisite for Rooting LG G3
- You must have to install the required drivers on your Computer.
- PurpleDrake Asset Files
Easy Steps to Root LG G3
- Enable Developer Options – Skip this step if you are already a developer else keep reading. You can enable this by going to Settings > General > About Phone > Software Information. Tap the build number numerous times until the settings are enabled.
- Enable USB Debugging – Once you see, you are a developer, hit back button twice and check the option USB Debugging.
- Connect with Computer – Connect your Smartphone with the computer with the help of USB Cable and click to allow USB Debugging.
- Extraxt the file “PurpleDrake Asset” you downloaded earlier in a folder, Open the folder and press “Shift+Right Click of Mouse“. Select Open Command Window Here.
- In the command window, type “adb reboot –bnr_recovery” without quotes and click enter to reboot to recovery.
- Type “adb push start_restore /temp/start_restore” and hit enter.
- Type “adb push permaroot.bin /temp/start_restore” and hit enter.
- Type “adb reboot” and click enter to reboot the device once the above steps are finished.
You are almost done now. After your device is booted up, go to Play store and install SuperSu. Make sure you update its binaries. You have rooted your LG G3 Smartphone now. Enjoy !
You can check if you successfully rooted your LG G3 by using the app Root Checker.
How to Unroot LG G3 Smartphone
Well, this is pretty much easy task than that of the above stated rooting guide. Just go to SuperSu app and into the settings select Full Unroot.